Well, summer has officially begun here. The weather doesn’t seem to know it, but I can feel the pressure of it weighing down on me. I love summer. In my line of work, it means a few months of peace and quiet while catching up and gearing up for another year of students. The weather is usually unbearably hot and dry here in the South, but even that doesn’t bother me all that much. But this summer, I’m getting married. And if you plan on getting married, I have advice. Believe you me I have advice. Mainly, KEEP IT SIMPLE. Because when you’re 60ish days out you will be ready to punch multiple people. Just saying.
So, I tried to think of pretties to post, but I failed since the punching people deal keeps popping to the forefront of my mind. So, it looks like a bullet day. My five minutes starts now.
- The sun shining makes me smile.
- Even if it’s not even close to warm.
- I passed by a Jackson County field trip eating lunch on the Quad.
- Maymester has begun …
- Chicken Salad from A-Ok Cafe is the best thing since sliced bread.
- I remembered my caffeine today.
- Whoo hoo!
- Tomorrow is AWANA Parents’ Night.
- And the last night of AWANA.
- I’m rejoicing inwardly (and a little outwardly).
- Waiting patiently to hear how Mister’s chat went at GameStop.
- Can’t wait to pick up some charcoal and fire up our grill.
- My first wedding shower is this weekend.
- I’m so excited!
- My left hand nails are growing out nicely.
- Maybe this week I can start working on my right hand.
- We’re at 66 days and counting.
- Mister and I are going to jump back on the Jillian Michaels train this week (or next week).
- And my five minutes are officially over.
- Have a great day, y’all.
So, I’m back at work. Sibling and I went to the Smokies this weekend to celebrate sisterhood at Dollywood. Also, Sibling wanted to catch up with her TN friends. So, we spent a lovely weekend theme parking, hot tubbing, movie watching, and junk food eating. It was fantastic. So enjoy these few pics as I settle back into the daily grind.
And today the excitement has hit me! I’m FINISHED with classes for the semester and off on a sibling adventure tomorrow. Yay!!! So, I’m going to write a bullet post because my mind is in a million places at once.
- Today is my Friday. Ah, what a beautiful day!
- I’ve had a breakthrough on why I have been so angry/hurt/frustrated lately.
- I had lunch with Joyce today. I love catching up with her life.
- I’m sitting at my desk with two mountain dews in front of me.
- Life is so much better when I’m caffeinated.
- My knee is a million times better than it was two days ago.
- I’ve decided it’s time to fix my bangs. I cut them WAY too short last time and have gone without bangs for over a month now, and I’m sick of it. Time for the bangs to return.
- Also I decided that instead of chairs I’d look for purses today. My current one is coming apart so it seemed like a good time to start shopping around.
- And now I’m off for a little froyo break with my love.
- Have a fantastic afternoon, all!!
I’m supposed to be studying. It’s final exam time and like a typical college student I’m doing everything in my power to avoid cracking the books. I’m not at the 3 hour mark and still procrastinating. I think I should win an award.
On a non-finals note, today is the loving day. So, go visit Jamie and join the love train. Or just buckle up and ride along with me.
Today I’m loving …..
- That I made it up the stairs this morning!
- The kindness shown to me when I busted up my knee.
- That my mama brought me pizza this morning (possibly because she thinks I can’t take care of myself without Sibling …. which might be partially true)
- That this weekend is Sibling Vacation!!!!!! I’m so fricking stoked to hide away from the world for a couple of days with my favorite sibling😀
- That after the final today I’ll be DONE with this semester!
- This pretty dress
- The pretty weather
- My amazing, nutty family
- And my sweet Mister.
I don’t want to wedding plan today. It overwhelms my brain and makes me want to cry. So, I’m slacking. I have a few things I’ll finish up today for sure. But what I REALLY want to do today is look at chairs and dream. I have this idea for our “guest bedroom” … We currently have a futon in the room which works well as a guest bed, but I really want to turn the room into my study hole as well as the guest bedroom. And I think I can do that with the perfect chair. Nothing TOO large but big enough for me to curl up and study. The chair is also the cornerstone for this room. I’ll decorate the room based on the chair. So, join me in my chair-dreaming today. Which one[s] do you like?
Señor Seabee has a girlfriend!!!! If you’re thinking, “Whoa! I thought Señor Seabee was married.” Then I must say yes you are correct. He WAS married, but these days he’s happily unhitched and on the market. Please don’t hate me that I didn’t tell you that BEFORE he found himself a lady. So, to sum up this insanity. Señor Seabee. Once married. Then unhitched. Now happily taken. I can’t wait to meet this pretty lady. Though the fact that the continental United States lies between us might make that meeting a little difficult. Regardless, I am super stoked to say the least. And so VERY, VERY happy that my crazy but bestest friend has found someone to love.
In other news, I did not kill anyone last night. I feel like this is an important statement to make every Thursday morning. Wednesday nights are just ROUGH. That’s what happens when you have 22 3rd-6th graders in one room. Ay yi yi!
On the wedding front, I have picked out a cake stand, and our pastor graciously agreed to officiate. Thanks, David! 85 more days until we get hitched🙂
I’m officially 26, and I realized last night that I have gotten VERY slack with my birthday posts … So I will do better. It’s been a crazy week. My dad had an emergency appendectomy Sunday evening. Monday was Mister’s birthday which he sadly slept through (silly night job). And then yesterday I turned another year older. It amused me to no end when the doctor looked at my chart and exclaimed, “Oh my you’re 26 now!” this morning. I’m trying to be positive about this particular age, but today I don’t know if I’m loving it. The good news, however, is that it is Wednesday. And I have decided to be loving. Go me! So, click the picture below and join the train or simply buckle up and enjoy the ride.
- I’m loving that yesterday was my birthday.
- I’m loving that my daddy is feeling better and better every day.
- I’m loving that Twelve (who forgot my birthday) sent me two cute e-cards today to make up for it.
- I’m loving that my cousin is regaining her sight.
- I’m loving that Wifey came and celebrated like a crazy person with us Saturday for our joint party.
- I’m loving that Friday we’re celebrating The Future Mrs. M-A’s birthday
- I’m loving the fact that this Saturday is our wedding shopping day.
- I’m loving that 86 days from today I’ll be hitched.
- I’m loving my Ah-Mazing sister who makes all my days shiny.
- I’m loving my fantastic family (on both sides) who put a smile on my face.
- And I’m loving my adorable mister. And his fake mustache.