Great things about today:
– It’s Friday.
– I had S’mores in granola bar form for breakfast.
– FREE FOOD!!!
– Mountain Dew 🙂
– Hobby Lobby trip tonight!!
– 105 Days!!
– Jamie’s Birthday is Tomorrow!!!
– SAPA Championships tomorrow!!
– Ben and Jerry are waiting patiently for me in the freezer.
– There is a new episode of Scandal just waiting to be seen 😀
Do you know what makes me sad? Wednesdays are the day of love on this here blog, but it seems when Wednesday rolls around I don’t feel loving at all. I’m supposed to work on curbing my negativity and focusing on one positive thing every day. And I’m sure lots of good things have happened today, but I just don’t feel like listing all the things I love. I still love all the people in my life. I still love my job. I just don’t feel very loving. So, instead, I’ll leave you with Owl City.
Today I do believe is a bullets day. I’m getting slack again, so I will do a quick five minute bullet post. All of my thoughts for the next five minutes in bullet format.
- The BCS Championship Game was pathetic.
- Did anyone else stay up and watch it?
- I don’t think I made it passed Notre Dame’s first touchdown.
- Last night we celebrated J-Dawg’s football career.
- Next year he’ll debut as a videographer.
- He’s pretty stoked.
- And we love the friendships he’s making by being part of the team.
- Mister starts class tonight.
- Long days are ahead for him.
- He’s without a doubt my inspiration.
- I think I would kill someone if I attempted the class schedule he has.
- Today is only Tuesday.
- Is anyone else saddened by that?
- I have to buy my books today.
- Yay! School has begun again.
- Anyone watching The Bachelor?
- That show is straight up nutty.
- But good gracious I can’t stop watching it.
- Thankfully, I don’t love Sean.
- I’ve learned that if I don’t love the Bachelor/ette that I like the season more.
- Because they will inevitably do something stupid.
- Good news on the house front: Locks will be fixed Friday, and then I can have my key!
- Also, we picked out a ceiling fan for the living room.
- And this Saturday the ladies and I are going shoe shopping.
- Yay for weddingy things.
- And now my five minutes are up.
- Have a great Tuesday!
1. Have you set any goals/resolutions for 2013? See this post.
2. Have you made any travel/vacation plans for 2013? In March, we’ll be renting out a cabin with my family to celebrate my Grandma’s 80th birthday. In May, Jamie and I will be heading to Dollywood. And in July, the Mister and I will be honeymooning.
3. What room is never cleaned in your house? That silly laundry room. We just pretend it doesn’t exist when it comes time to clean.
4. What food must be in your house at all times? Crackers. For Mister. Mountain Dew and Sugar. For me. Cheese and Jelly. For Sibling.
5. Are you a hugger or more of a hands off person? I’m definitely a hugger. Though I am a tad bit freaked out by surprise hugs. Hold your arms out and warn me unless you know me really well then feel free to attack.
1. Every time I see a squishy faced Asian/Hispanic baby I oh and ah…
2. I don’t have a patient bone in my body
3. I like mayo, ketchup, lettuce, cheese, and pickles on my burgers
4. If I had one more hour in the day I would spend it at home on the couch. Yes please.
Have you ever had a day when you felt boxed in by silence? That’s how I feel today. I’ve spoken with many people today, but at the moment the silence around me feels heavy. It’s not sad or expectant it simply makes me sleepy. But I’m completely digressing. Today, I’m turning in my essay entitled “What I did over Christmas vacation …” which they may or may not have in school anymore due to the political incorrectness of Christmas. Regardless, here is my essay.
Over the Christmas holidays, We spent time with many (though sadly not all) of our loved ones. We were blessed to be able to spend quality time (aka long periods of time in lounge pants) with our families. And we even managed to squeeze in a party, church, and our own little Christmas celebrations. We were very blessed by all the love exhibited to us at Christmastime and by all the wonderful gifts we received.
My Aunt T practicing to fill in for Santa in case of an emergency.
My cousin, Richie.
Mister showing off his new grill toys.
Check out the hats!
Of all those wonderful gifts, some of our favorites included the hats we all received. My dad was super stoked about a hat with hair since he is rapidly losing his. Mister very nearly refuses to take Perry off his head. And I’m simply thankful not to have to fix my hair every Saturday morning. Of course, when I wore my new hat to family number two’s celebration, my future brothers hijacked it and took turns trying it on. It was great fun.
Happy New Year!
Check out Sibling. No clue what she’s doing.
My silly Mister.
My silly Sibling.
Poor Baby Boo partied too hard ….
Also on Christmas vacation we celebrated the New Year. This was especially exciting since the Mayans had said we wouldn’t be around to celebrate this year. But we fooled them. We had a great time celebrating with board games, cool hats and necklaces, and caffeine. And then being the old fuddy duddys that they are, Sibling and Mister passed out on the couches. Overall, I had a lot of fun over my Christmas vacation and did many exciting things.
Forgive my third grade grammar and sentence structure. I was trying to make my essay authentic. What about you? What did you over the Christmas holidays?
Do you make them? I usually don’t. What’s the point of saying I’ll lose weight this year when I know I don’t want to even think about giving up my chocolate fixes? Or buying a gym membership that I will never use? So, I just don’t. I make plans. That’s what I do. Plans and goals. Always. So, I just do the same for the New Year. New plans. New goals. However, this year I thought I’d change it up a bit. I’m making three resolutions. And no I’m not resolving to lose weight before the wedding or to go to the gym more often, but I am resolving to make myself a better version of me. So, here are my three big resolutions.
 Be more like Christ. This should be a daily resolution, but since I am a forgetful human I thought it wouldn’t hurt to make it my New Years resolution as well. This is my life’s goal.
 Be more attentive to others’ needs. I have not done as well with this in the past year as I would have liked, so this year I resolve to notice a little more outside of my “me bubble”.
 Post here daily. I have neglected this space for far too long. My sister mentioned just the other day how I don’t post anymore. This is my outlet, and it’s high time I put it to good use. So, you’ll be seeing a lot of me in 2013.
Dude, it’s loving time! Go visit Jamie and join the fun!
Today I’m loving …
- The caffeine that is getting me through this lovely hump day.
- The fact that I’m 2.5 days away from seeing the Mister.
- That I got the chance to spend quality time with my sister last night – running around like we were still teenagers. Of course, now every elementary school kid recognizes JuneBug and has to say hey. And we have to be home by 10:30. Ah we are such old fuddy duddys.
- My free lunch. Thanks, A!
- My littlies who I get to spend quality time with tonight.
- Fall weather.
- My latest excuse to go shopping. What? I need work pants.
- And last but not least I love my Savior, my family, and my mister.