Slacker. That sums me up. I’ve been a slacker friend, a slacker teacher, a slacker daughter, a slacker blogger. And no I’m not going to tell you that that ends today. Because truthfully I’ll always have slacker blood in me. And most of the time I will slack off in one or more areas of my life. But today I am not slacking off in the blogging area of my life. See? I’m posting. Y’all should be proud.
I’m in the middle of a whirlwind week. Let me see if I can back up and catch y’all all up. Sibling moved in with me on the hottest Saturday ever. We were hauling furniture into my house. Whoot. Sibling and I are still adjusting to being roomies. We’re getting there though.
Wednesday was the 4th of July. A day filled with parades, cookouts, and fireworks. And of course time spent with my favorite people. The Geek, his family, my family, and Wifey. Good times!
Yesterday was my mama’s birthday (and I totally missed posting her a special post. Oops! Slacker daughter strikes again.). We celebrated by cooking dinner at her house. It’s always nice to visit my parents’ house and spend time with them. Especially when food is involved because everyone in my family is a fantastic cook.
Today, I believe is Friday which means there will eventually be link ups posted … Also, tonight I get to meet The Geek’s family friends over dinner. I enjoy any night that I spend at The Geek’s parents’ house so it should certainly be a treat.
And tomorrow my whirlwind weekend begins. We’re starting the migration to The Geek’s new house. No major furniture moving yet just lots of boxes. Yay! And then it’s grocery day before a birthday cookout for The Geek’s grandmother (who I haven’t met yet). Whoot whoot. Then Sunday we celebrating 80 years of life with my Grandaddy. Boy howdy at the birthdays in July. Trust me I should have great stories next week with all these family gatherings.
But for now let’s get our link up on ….
1. Is love at 1st sight possible? I think you can instantly be attracted to someone, but the choice to love someone is something that happens daily. You can make that choice the first time you see someone, but you’ll still have to make it over and over again every day of your life.
2. How did you choose your pet’s name? Currently, I’m petless. My last puppy though got his name when he refused to answer to the names I gave him. I got upset and yelled, “Come here, dadgumit!” And he came. So, “Dadgumit” he was.
3. What are you considering giving up (cable, home phone)? I don’t have cable or a home phone. I think we live pretty frugally. If we had to give up something, it would probably be unnecessary car trips. We could walk to the store instead of automatically jumping in the car.
4. How much do you pay your babysitter? No kids. No babysitter. I wouldn’t even begin to know how much to pay one.
5. How “young” is old enough to babysit? Depending on the age of the kids being babysat, I would say around 13 is a good age to start babysitting.
1. I don’t wear pantyhose. Nor do I understand why other women do.
2. I have had a lot of “What was I thinking?!?!” moments.
3. Public speaking makes me happy. I’m a weirdo Communication major.
4. My car always has a straight up mess in the floorboard because we kind of LIVE in my car (not literally).