Wow, it’s hard to believe that today is Friday. This week has just flown right on by. Okay so a quick recap of yesterday and then I’ll dive right into Q & A’s. I think now that I’ve had a day to distance myself from the situation that I can right this without it being just a long, drawn out rant.
Yesterday morning, I let Le Señor borrow my car. [Note to self: Don’t let ANYONE borrow your car.] At about 9:30 my phone rang and a kind gentleman who works at the FC Courthouse informed me that my car was in their parking lot, he had my keys, and I needed to get the car before 5 or it would be towed. Keep in mind I’m 45 miles away from the FC Courthouse and that I have no car. My day quickly turned into a call, tell my story, and beg like the dickens day. I established that my total “real friend” count is not a 2 digit number.
After being turned down more times than I could count, I was beyond upset. So, of course I did what I always do when life sucks. I hiked my butt down to the H/H Academic Bldg and set my butt down at Joyce’s desk. I poured my heart out and she agreed to help as a last resort. I know that Joyce doesn’t have much leave time and that she needs it for her grandbabies. So, I originally told her not to worry I would find someone. Which led to a lot more calling and a few people who genuinely cared but were unable to help for reasons such as sickness and distance. Of course just as many people I called didn’t care at all. Why did I think these people were my friends? By the end of the day I was calling people I didn’t know at all. And doing everything in my power to get in touch with Le Señor’s parental units (not an easy task).
Fast forward to the point where I gave up and called Joyce and cried and begged. Then I called her boss and begged him to let her off work. She took leave for me and drove her precious car all the way to FC so that I could have a nice little chat with the sweet man who was holding my keys hostage (if you can’t see the green slime here then you need to invent a sarcasm font RIGHT NOW).
Secure in Emmie with Le Señor’s belongings, I set off to find his parents. An hour and a half later, I finally had the details on Le Señor, I had handed off his wallet (sorry boo I just didn’t think I need to be the one to hold that), and had learned many, many lessons. Le Señor and I will be having a lengthy conversation in the [hopefully] near future.
In the meantime, all’s well that ends well. And Emmie and I have been happily reunited. And since today is Friday and Mrs. M was quite optimistic today (and I’m borrowing some of her optimism), let’s answer some questions. Seriously, join up with any of these hops they are all fantastic!!
Birthday Edition. Happy Birthday, Lauren!
1. My most favorite birthday was my 21st. I was surrounded by friends with a boyfriend who tried really hard to make it special. It was pretty much downright awesome. And I still love the pictures from that night.
2. My worst birthday was somewhere between 18 and 21 (most likely 19). It was one year when I didn’t plan my own party and my parents just took me out on the town. Of course Sibling didn’t come home either and that year the wife was hiding out as well. Thankfully baby cousin came with us or I would have lost it. Oh and we ran into my ex and his then girlfriend who had once been my friend (i had affectionately renamed her “slut”) Ah …. Drama!
3. My favorite birthday memory is the appearance of the purple bag. That tradition is my favorite and always makes me feel special.
4. The best birthday present I’ve ever received was my bread maker! Hands down. I love it!
5. The best birthday present I’ve ever given was Carlitos who is a netbook. Adorable, stubborn, and all around perfect!
6. Birthdays are the greatest inventions EVER! They’re kind of my favorites. I love, love, love them! And I don’t care whose they are. I think they should be giant celebrations that go on for days.
7. My favorite age so far has been 24. Honestly, I can’t think of an age I didn’t like, but I like to believe each age is better than the last. And 24 has been pretty awesome (in a rocky kind of way)!
1. When I was younger, I always wanted a pony. Seriously! Of course after a disastrous ride on a Camp Maranatha horse, I was scared silly of the boogers. But I still wanted a cute little Shetland pony!
2. I don’t remember the last time I had a boyfriend that my family liked …
3. During a good dream when the alarm clock goes off, all I want to do is hit the snooze button and go back to bed.
4. The days of old remind me of dirt ceilings. Yes I know my sense of humor is strange, but this cracks me (personally) up. So deal with it.