1. One of my happiest moments ever was when I got the news that I had landed my first big girl job. I danced and jumped and whooped and squealed all over the house.
2. Summer is wedding season and weddings are as unique as the bride and groom. And oftentimes sweet declarations of unending love.
3. This summer has been filled with new experiences and amazing opportunities. I feel like life has definitely made a 180 degree turn, and it’s been a wonderful summer 🙂
4. My summer food of choice has been grilled meat. Of course, I’m not doing the grilling. Quick side story: Last night Dad gave sibling a 30 second grilling lesson and then took off leaving her in charge of the grill. Of course an hour later, she comes in the house and wants to know how long it should take to cook this steak. So, of course Sibling and I take off to investigate. Which is quite the sight. The two of us peering into the open grill. Sibling asks “Are there supposed to be flames?” I call up Le Señor who is of course giving me great advice that I’m ignoring. And in the midst of what is turning into some semblance of a rain dance, Dad pulls up in Ol’ Rustbucket (aka Stitch) to save the day. Apparently we had ran out of gas (and yes Le Señor DID suggest that).
5. My summer uniform has been short sleeves, skirts, and capris with flip flops and (occasionally) flats.
6. If I could spend the entire summer in one location I would choose Tybee Island. I swear if I could live there year round I would. I love the atmosphere there 🙂
7. My summer anthem is definitely “Summer Girls” at the moment. I’m feeling super old school. And while I’ve been jamming out to all kinds of awesome new songs. The boy bands always draw me back in.
1. I probably think out loud way more than I should. (I also sleep, eat, and chatter way more than I should …)
2. I just tried sandwich thins for the first time (and loved them!)
3. If I had to have a large flower bouquet with only one type of flower in it, it would be made of calla lilies or gerber daisies.
4. I don’t really want a Snuggie.
Now …. I have to tell y’all about the adventure Le Señor had yesterday. (btw he’s gonna LOVE that I’m totally blogging about this ;]). Ok let’s set the scene (I may not get this exactly right but it’ll be close enough). Le Señor is boot scooting down the dirt road (on the farm of course) on his souped up four wheeler. A mama deer darts in front of him and next thing you know a baby deer leaps straight into Señor knocking him clear off the ATV. Maybe this doesn’t amuse you, but I’m still laughing Joyce style. Speaking of Joyce … I gotta go tell her this one. Have a great weekend, y’all!