1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.) We were JUST discussing this the other night. While I do think it’s silly to tell a class of fifth graders that they will have to write in cursive for the rest of their lives, I don’t think it should be taken out of the classroom. After all, signatures are still pretty prominent in our world. And a basic knowledge of cursive helps out with being able to sign your name. I’m sure one day it will go the same way as Old English and Calligraphy (and eventually handwriting), but for now I think it’s something that should still be passed on to future generations.
2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone? I still have a paper calendar in my purse. Then again I have calendars EVERYWHERE! Four in my room, Two in the kitchen, Five online, and one in my purse …. I don’t use ALL of those, but I do keep up with a good many. As for the notepad, I’m bad about writing notes everywhere or texting/emailing things to myself. I’m a bit spastic, so I use a little bit of everything. Also, I don’t have a smart phone. Mine’s still one of the dumb ones.
3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe) Dante, File of Important Papers, and probably as many of my mom’s photo albums as possible.
4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person? Definitely a little country mouse. I think Athens is a city. I was definitely not meant to live in a place where I can’t see the stars at night. I like that I think 10 miles is a short distance. (And also the distance of the closest Wal-mart). I like that while my yard is not super large there are rolling fields all around me. I like that traffic is at a bare minimum on our little road. I like my country living. I’m gonna miss it if the magic house is in a town …
5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick? I really want to be on The Bachelor. I want to go through all the BS and drama, drama, drama. Make Mr. “Oh-so-perfect” fall “head over heels in love” with me, and then when he picks me and proposes …. drop him like a ton of bricks with a quick “Nah, I never really liked you.” You gotta admit it would make GREAT tv. Everyone would hate me 😀
1. My plans this summer include BC Crew trips, work, sleep, and time spent with friends (at least for the remainder).
2. The best summer I ever had was probably the summer after my freshman year in college. I spent that summer at Kate & Butch’s house. A summer filled with heat, water, Chinese food, and love.
3. Summer is almost always hot and dry in the south, but it’s a time for grilling out, chasing fireflies, and hitting up the Dairy Queen.
4. My favorite summer food is definitely a grilled hamburger or ice cream!
5. The best way to quench a summer thirst is with [be warned, I’m predictable] Mountain Dew ….
6. My summer uniform consists of business casual (with the emphasis on CASUAL!) Did I mention that I LOVE my job?
7. The best thing about summer is extended daylight, warmer weather, and the Sibling is home 🙂
1- When I was younger, I used to think “Tequila” was a bird (more specifically a cockatoo).
2- I always start my day with a good ol fashioned alarm clock fight 🙂
3 – When I get some time alone I like to rest, escape, read, sleep, swing, talk to myself, bake, and the list goes on. I love “Annie” time. Maybe because it always seems to be a scarce commodity.
4 – I think excessive materialism is ridiculous [This is NOT to say that I am not guilty of it myself just that I think it’s ridiculous!]