Waiting. It seems that as a young adult I found myself always waiting for the next milestone. [until Friday, until summer, until I turned 21, etc …] As I grow older, I strive to be happy and content in the moment. However, I’m still a fan of the anticipation that waiting brings. So, today I’m still waiting [for quitting time, for Friday, for a vacation, for my birthday, for my future …], but I do my best to really LIVE while waiting – to be content with what I have right now. Thankfully, I’m a multitasker so I can do things like that. So, what about you? Do you love waiting or hate it? What are you currently waiting for? Here’s my top 5 “I’m still waiting” list.
5. The awesomeness that is wrapped and hidden away for my birthday.
4. Turning 25! (Oh the things I can do at 25 ;])
3. One of my millionaire relatives to kick the bucket and leave all their worldly possessions to me at which point I will start my own reality TV show and go on Craig Ferguson’s late night show to sing “Billionaire”
2. Neta Jackson’s next book
1. A vaccine for pollen allergies
Now that I’ve managed to keep y’all waiting long enough, we’ll get to the thankful part of today’s blog. Welcome to Thankful Thursday! I debated making this a daily thing instead of a weekly thing, but I think instead I’m just going to force myself to post either 2,3 or 10 things on Thursday. Today is “Ten Things I’m For Which I Am Thankful” Day!!
1. I’m thankful for my job.
2. I’m thankful for summer weather.
3. I’m thankful for not having allergies.
4. I’m thankful for my mechanic.
5. I’m thankful for the resources to pay my bills.
6. I’m thankful for cute shoes.
7. I’m thankful for chocolate chips.
8. I’m thankful for my supportive family and church family.
9. I’m thankful for coupons. They make day 🙂 I love getting a deal!
10. I’m thankful for freedom.
Horse Feathers – Mother’s Sick
Joshua Radin – Today
Matchbox 20 – Push
The Mynabirds – Numbers Don’t Lie