Here’s a little randomness from me on
what I’m hoping is a sunshiny Saturday!
1. How did your parents decide on your name?
My mom named me Annie after my grandma and great-grandmothers. My dad chose Shannon because a guy he knew had just had a baby who they named Shannon and Dad liked the name. [Random tidbit: The Shannon in the story above is now married to my preacher’s son, and they have an adorable little boy!]
2. Do your initials (first/middle/last) spell anything funny?
Not really. I do have a funny story about my grandma, though. She had the same initials as me. Her sisters all married men with last names that began with “s”, but she told that she had to go down the alphabet a letter and marry my grandaddy so that her initials wouldn’t spell a bad word. Her name was Annie Sue. Our shared initials are AST.
3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you drop your middle name & take your maiden name as your middle name? (Or if unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
I really don’t know. I’m very torn. I love my middle name and don’t want to give it up, but my maiden name is part of my heritage.
4. Are you or will you name your children systematically? (ie, same first letter, same origin, etc)
5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
I once said I would name my first born Melissa Marie regardless of gender. These days it’s doubtful that I would use either of those names at all.
6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?
Annie. And my dad is a junior so I guess they started passing down my grandad’s name, but my parents only had girls.
7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
I love name meanings. I think they’re very important. My names mean “Blessed With Grace” and “Wise”. I would definitely have to look at the meaning before naming my kids or at least pray about their names.
8. Do you name pets with human names or pet names?
My pets have nicknames. So, they’re more pet than human I guess.
9. Are their any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?
Haha. I have a list. Madison, Michael, & Elizabeth top that list.
10. What are some of your favorite names & why?
I like names that have family ties. I also like names that have strong meanings or are tied to a person.