Today is officially Thankful Thursday on this (here) blog. I realize that sentence makes me sound like a backwoods hick, but sometimes I just can’t hide who I really am inside. Today, I feel the need to list the things I’m thankful for. Feel free to leave what you’re thankful for as well 🙂
1. Love. In all its wonderful forms.
2. Sunshine. And pretty weather.
3. Approval. I know that I shouldn’t care what others think, but when my choices are validated by others it lifts my spirits.
4. God’s perfect timing. My attitude of gratitude occasionally slips as far as this is concerned, but honestly I am truly grateful for God’s perfect timing. Now, I just need to work on waiting.
5. Dentist Appointments. Part of me is cringing that I’m typing this. I hate dentist appointments. Truly, I do. I once made my sister swear to shoot me if I ever became a dentist or dental hygienist. This is not to say that people in those professions are not wonderful people. However, they inflict pain, and I want no part of it. Nevertheless, I’m thankful because if it weren’t for these wonderfully amazing, pain-inflicting people I would have no teeth and my face would fall in. Or so I’m told.
6. Comments! I actually realized in the middle of typing #5 that there was a number 3 beside the word “comments” on my dashboard thingy (Why yes, I am very technical today.) Of course I had to stop mid-post to go check them out! A great big thanks to both Jamie & Kim who made my day!
7. Music. Thanks to my piano-playing, band geek sister I grew up around music. I’ve been to more piano recitals and band concerts than you can imagine. Maybe that’s why I’m plugged into my Pandora station all day long and leave the radio on 24/7. Regardless of why I love it, the fact remains that I do. And I am so very thankful that God created music and that he cultivated this love of music in me.
8. Written words. I think this is only fair. I believe that my thoughts are all jumbled inside until I put my hands on a keyboard or pick up a pen and put it to the paper. Then all my thoughts and feelings flow straight through my fingers in the form of words – beautiful words.
9. Trucks. This is one of those trust things. I’m trusting that God will provide us with the truck that we need this weekend. And I’m already super thankful for it. Is that crazy? Yeah, probably. But that’s me.
10. Dark Chocolate Cheesecake. Really? Does this even need an explanation?
Day 14 – A picture of your favorite storeI once had a boyfriend who could only find places in Athens based on their relation to the Hobby Lobby. I always started my directions with “Start at Hobby Lobby and turn …”. It was absurd because he lives on the opposite side of town. So, he drove all over creation to find things. Until I met him, I thought I was directionally challenged. Regardless, I could still spend days and millions of dollars in this store! I love it 😀